Quote of the Week

"Wisdom is learning what to overlook"

-William James





Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The 23rd Psalm

The Lord is my Shepherd ...
-- that's relationship!

I shall not want ...
-- that's provision!

He makes me to lie down in green pastures ...
-- that's rest!

He leads me beside the still waters ...
-- that's refreshment!

He restores my soul ...
-- that's healing!

He leads me in the paths of righteousness ...
-- that's guidance!

For His name's sake ...
-- that's purpose!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death ...
-- that's testing!

I will fear no evil ...
-- that's protection!

For You are with me ...
-- that's companionship!

Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me ...
-- that's security!

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies ...
-- that's hope!

You anoint my head with oil ...
-- that's consecration!

My cup runs over ...
-- that's abundance!

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me ...
-- that's blessing!

All the days of my life ...
-- that's faithfulness!

And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
-- that's home!

Forever!
-- that's eternity!

A Special thank you to Lowell Mahler who shared this with me.  For more Christian encouragement, visit Lowell's website http://theshepherdsflock.ning.com/

2 comments: