Quote of the Week

"Wisdom is learning what to overlook"

-William James





Saturday, April 9, 2011

Aren't Teenagers Fun!

It's after 11pm and I've been sitting here watching my 17 yr old (Happy Birthday on Monday) and her cousin Amber singing Karaoke for the last couple of hours.  It was so funny, at first Liz said "I can't sing" but she hasn't stopped for the last 2 hours.  They have giggled, laughed, did a little shake of their booty.... Kids just want to be kids, but it today's time they are expected to be too grown up and mature.  It's nice to watch them just be kids. 
It's nice to spend time with the "parents" and have fun at home, when is the last time your teenager did that?
I have made a couple of videos, but promised not to publish them on on facebook (at least tonight). 
If you haven't spent an evening with your kids lately, you should try it.  Play a game, talk, just spend some time together.  I remember as a kid, we didn't have a karaoke machine, but we would sing and laugh.  I remember having musical's in my grandparents living room.  A pianist, a few guitars, and my grand dad thumping that bass fiddle.  They would sing late into the night.  Back then it was old country, tonight we have heard songs like "Baby Got Back" and "Time Warp", but the same fun.  The music may change but the good times never do.
Thank God for kids

No comments:

Post a Comment